1. Login to your MembershipWorks account as the primary administrator. Then go to Organization Settings > Security and scroll down to API Keys. Click on “Create New Key” and note the new API key in a safe place.
2. From your Zapier account, click on Create New Zap. Select MembershipWorks as the App, and select “New Event Registration” as the Trigger event.
3. After you click Continue, you will be prompted to select a MembershipWorks account. Select Add New Account and enter your Organization ID and API Key from step 1. You can find your Organization ID listed in red in MembershipWorks > Organization Settings; you’ll find it just below your organization’s contact information.
4. Select the event from the list of your upcoming events. For the Trigger Type, you can opt to trigger for the primary registrant only, or for each ticket separately if you’ve setup ticket question to collect name and email for each ticket. Note that if you choose to trigger for each ticket separately, MembershipWorks will generate a separate trigger for each ticket that is configured with ticket questions, and an trigger for any leftover tickets without ticket questions. Each trigger is counted as a task towards your Zapier monthly usage.
5. In the next step you will be prompted to test the trigger. If your event already has registrations, you can review the data that is provided. However if your event has no current registrations, there will be no data to find and that will cause an error. In that case click on “Skip Test”.
6. If you are connecting to Zoom, for the next action in the Zap, you can select Zoom as the app and select “Create Meeting Registrant” as the Action Event. Then follow the steps to configure the Zoom action.