If we are hosting your WordPress site, please skip this post.
If you are using the MemberFindMe plugin only, start by downloading the latest MemberFindMe plugin from the WordPress Plugin directory. Once the plugin is installed and activated, follow these instructions to get up and running with MemberFindMe!
- From the main menu in WordPress, hover over Settings, then click on MemberFindMe:
Enter your MemberFindMe Organization Key, Facebook API key (which is emailed to you within 1-2 business days of sign-up), and the Stripe Public Key (Live Publishable Key) from your Stripe account. You can also customize the wording in your Search and Group Email button for your member directory. If you blank out the Group Email button text, that will disable the Group Email button.
- From the main menu in WordPress, hover over MemberFindMe, then click on Account. If you are not signed in, you will have to sign in with your email and password:
Enter the full url to the Member Directory and Event Calendar on your website, as well as the Post Signup url (the page to redirect to after someone signs-up to become a member), and the Stripe public (Live Publishable Key) and secret key (Live Secret Key).
- Enable SSL for all Directory, Member Sign Up, Member Manage and Event pages in WordPress. This provides security and peace-of-mind for website visitors entering their credit card information on your website.
- Disable all SEO plug-ins for MemberFindMe pages such as Directory, Member Sign Up, Member Manage and Event Calendar. The MemberFindMe plugin provides correct SEO data for those pages, third party plugins can create conflicting SEO information so they need to be disabled on those pages.
- Similarly, disable any Social Media plugins that provide share buttons on MemberFindMe pages. MemberFindMe generates the share buttons on those pages where appropriate.
To verify that your SEO, Social Media and third party plugins are not interfering with the MemberFindMe headers, type the following into your browser bar:
Url to your member directory?_escaped_fragment_=biz/service
For example: http://easymembershipsystem.com/member-business-directory/?_escaped_fragment_=biz/service
View the page source using your browser, and verify the following in the header section of the page:
- Title should contain “SourceFound”
- Meta Description content should say “SourceFound (Austin TX US) – The resources you need from the communities you trust…”
- Meta og:title should say “SourceFound”
- Meta og:description should be the same as the meta description above
- Meta og:url should be the url to your member directory followed by “#!biz/service”
- Link rel canonical should be the same as the meta og:url above
Ensure that there are no duplicate tags for any of the above. If there are any duplicate tags, then your SEO, Social Media or third party plugin are still adding header tags into the page, you need to ensure they are disabled.