MembershipWorks customers who have our Premium MailChimp Integration can now take advantage of our new integration with MailChimp tags.
Tags for Membership, Labels and Folders
You can tag your members within a single MailChimp audience with their Membership Level, Membership Add-Ons, Labels and Folders. To turn on this feature within your existing MailChimp integration settings:
- Log in as the primary administrator on the account
- Go to Organization Settings > Lists
- Enable the setting “Add labels/folders as tags” for each audience you want to enable for tag integration
- Click Save & Continue at the bottom of the page
Once enabled, each member assigned to a given audience will have tags created and applied in MailChimp that reflect their Membership Level, Membership Add-Ons, Labels and Folders. Note that:
- Any tags that do not already exist will be created automatically by MailChimp.
- To differentiate secondary contacts, each email address will also be tagged as “Primary Contact” or “Secondary Contact”.
- Secondary contacts will inherit the Membership Level, Membership Add-Ons, Labels and Folders of the parent account, in addition to any Labels attached specifically to them.
- If the email address is associated with multiple accounts/contacts, it will be given tags associated with all accounts/contacts. Keep in mind that this means an email address may be tagged as both “Primary Contact” and “Secondary Contact”.
Tags for Events and Forms/Carts/Donations
You can also attach a tag when users register for your event – within your event’s Registration Actions, you can specify a tag that should be attached to the registrant. Note that updating the setting will apply the tag to the existing registrants of the event.
In Forms/Carts/Donations, administrators can also specify a tag by Item (under the item’s Checkout Action settings) or by checkout (under the “Settings” tab of the form itself). Do note that tags will not apply retroactively to existing registrants unlike with events.
Using Premium MailChimp Integration
If your organization would like to upgrade to the Premium MailChimp Integration, log into your account as the primary administrator. In Organization Settings, click on the “Renew, Upgrade or Update Billing” button; there you will be able to select the “Premium MailChimp Integration” add-on for your account.