MembershipWorks vs. YourMembership
Looking for a YourMembership Alternative?
MembershipWorks has many of the same features as YourMembership, but charges a fraction of the price. In addition, customers starting out with MembershipWorks can usually avoid having to learn a new website builder.
Why MembershipWorks is better than YourMembership
- Price. The price difference between the two systems is immense. YourMembership starts at $292/month while MembershipWorks starts at $35/month for its paid plans (a free plan is available as well).
- Keep your current website. With MembershipWorks, most organizations don’t have to redesign their website in a new, unfamiliar website builder. That’s because MembershipWorks integrates seamlessly as a membership plugin for WordPress, Squarespace, Weebly, Wix, Duda, WithoutCode, and more. YourMembership has their own website builder; their platform has a very limited capability to integrate with other builders. So choosing YourMembership means you’ll have to not only switch your membership software, you’ll also likely need to have your website recreated within their platform.
- Smaller learning curve. As most MembershipWorks customers keep their existing website, they only need to become familiar with the membership management software. Organizations that are already using MailChimp for email marketing can continue to use that platform as well. MembershipWorks is easy to use and intuitive, but it also offers free, unlimited support by phone, email, and one-on-one screen share training. Conversely with YourMembership, customers will need to learn:
- New membership software,
- A new email communications platform, and
- A new website builder
- More payment gateway choices. MembershipWorks customers can choose from Stripe, Authorize.net, PayPal Pro, or PayPal Checkout. YourMembership customers have to use one of their narrow list of preferred providers.
- Built in Classified Ads. MembershipWorks customers can easily add classified ads to their website and generate non-dues revenue through ad listings. Classifieds provide another way to connect members with each other and increase member value.
- No long-term contracts; more flexibility. MembershipWorks offers a free 30-day money back guarantee and does not lock customers into contracts. You can cancel your MembershipWorks account at any time. And because you’re not using a proprietary website builder along with MembershipWorks, you don’t have to recreate your website if you decide to cancel. In addition, MembershipWorks offers a free plan that you can use to test it out.
|Price per month starts at||$0; paid plans start at $35||starts at $292|
|Additional per-transaction charges (beyond payment gateway fees)||$0|
|Member Only Content||Yes||Yes|
|Event Calendar / Registration||Yes||Yes|
|Announcement Board or Forum||Yes||Yes|
|CMS compatibility||WordPress, Weebly, Squarespace, Wix, Duda, WithoutCode, Drupal, Joomla, Spacecraft, HTML5 sites||Custom CMS|
|Key Integrations||MailChimp, Quickbooks Online and Desktop, Xero||Quickbooks Online, LMS, API|
|Payment Gateways||Stripe, Authorize.net, PayPal||Affinipay, BluePay|
|Support||Phone, email, live screen share training||Phone, email|
|Admin seats on paid plans||Unlimited||Unlimited|
Explore MembershipWorks Features
|Membership Management||Event Calendar & Registrations||Online Payments||Donations, Carts & Forms||Job Board||Announcement Board||Classified Ads||Member Directory||Members Only Content/Items|
Note that pricing and features may change from the information we have gathered here. Providers regularly evolve their product offerings and price points.
Comments are closed.