MembershipWorks vs. ClubExpress
Looking for a ClubExpress Alternative?
MembershipWorks and ClubExpress are both all-in-one membership management platforms, but MembershipWorks has the upper hand when it comes to providing a more modern, easy-to-use interface with no setup fees and no pricing surprises.
Why MembershipWorks is better than ClubExpress
- No pricing surprises. While the base monthly rate of ClubExpress is low, many organizations are surprised to learn that many of their features incur additional charges. For example, features such as Quickbooks integration, contact logging (CRM), job board, classified ads, and member cards incur an additional fee. These features are included in all paid MembershipWorks plans.
- No onboarding fees. MembershipWorks does not charge any onboarding fees. The minimum ClubExpress setup fee is $150.
- Unlimited free training. ClubExpress charges $120 per hour for training. MembershipWorks customers benefit from free, unlimited screen share training as well as phone and email support.
- Keep your current website. With ClubExpress, you’ll need to have your website rebuilt to work with their platform. With MembershipWorks, you can keep your website if you are using WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, Duda, WithoutCode, Weebly*, Joomla, Drupal, or HTML5.
- Avoid website building expenses. Given that you’ll need to use ClubExpress’s custom content management system (CMS), you’ll need to pay to have your site rebuilt on that platform. ClubExpress charges from $600 to $2400 for that service.
- Less to learn. With MembershipWorks and your existing website, you won’t have to learn how to build and edit pages on a new platform. The learning curve steepens for you and your staff with ClubExpress as you will have to learn both a new CMS as well as membership software.
- Get up and running more quickly. Rather than working with ClubExpress staff to build a new website that is compatible with their system, MembershipWorks customers can simply copy and paste code snippets or shortcodes to quickly add membership features to their existing website. With access to free, live screen share training and phone support that is solely focused on your questions, you can move more quickly, independently, and with less expense.
* Cannot be used with Weebly + Square Online Store websites. Click here for more information.
|Price per month starts at||$0; paid plans start at $35||starts at $24; plus feature fees **|
|Setup Fee||$0||$150 onboarding plus $600 to $2400 and up for website build|
|Additional per-transaction charges (beyond payment gateway fees)||$0||$0|
|Member Only Content||Yes||Yes|
|Event Calendar / Registration||Yes||Yes|
|Announcement Board or Forum||Yes||Yes|
|Donations (aside from memberships that are donations)||Yes||Yes|
|CMS compatibility||WordPress, Weebly, Squarespace, Wix, Duda, WithoutCode, Drupal, Joomla, Spacecraft, HTML5 sites||Requires their custom CMS|
|Key Integrations||MailChimp, Quickbooks Online and Desktop, Xero||Sakai LMS, Quickbooks|
|Payment Gateways||Stripe, Authorize.net, PayPal||Stripe, Authorize.net, PayPal|
|Support||Free phone, email, and live screen share training||Email, phone, paid training ($120/hr)|
|Admin seats on paid plans||Unlimited||Unlimited|
Explore MembershipWorks Features
|Membership Management||Event Calendar & Registrations||Online Payments||Donations, Carts & Forms||Job Board||Announcement Board||Classified Ads||Member Directory||Members Only Content/Items|
Note that pricing and features may change from the information we have gathered here. Providers regularly evolve their product offerings and price points.