MembershipWorks vs. GrowthZone and ChamberMaster
Looking for a GrowthZone Alternative or a ChamberMaster Alternative?
MembershipWorks is a more modern and vastly less expensive chamber of commerce software alternative to ChamberMaster and GrowthZone.
Why MembershipWorks is better than ChamberMaster / GrowthZone
- Monthly price. MembershipWorks’ entry level paid plans start at $35/month while GrowthZone starts at $259/month. For many nonprofits and especially small chambers of commerce, cost savings are important. You can even use the free plan with MembershipWorks until you have 50 accounts in your system.
- No onboarding fees. MembershipWorks does not charge any onboarding fees. GrowthZone charges $1500 for a supported onboarding process. MembershipWorks provides unlimited free phone, email, and live screen share training support to talk you through onboarding and beyond.
- No website development fees. GrowthZone charges a $3,500 website design fee if you are building a new site with them. With MembershipWorks, you won’t incur this fee as you can usually keep your existing website or choose to build a site using one of the many website builders that work with MembershipWorks.
- No fees for alternate payment gateway choices. GrowthZone charges extra for choosing a different payment gateway other than GrowthZone Pay. MembershipWorks supports Authorize.net, Stripe, PayPal Pro and PayPal Checkout.
- All paid plans can access all features. MembershipWorks enables smaller organizations on paid plans to access all of the same features that larger groups can access at no additional charge. With GrowthZone, features such as forms and the online store are not available at the entry-level paid plan without extra fees.
- Add admins at no extra cost. With ChamberMaster, the number of administrators is limited according to which pricing plan you have chosen. Their lowest level plan includes 3 admins. On the other hand, a MembershipWorks primary admin on any paid plan can add secondary admins without added cost or having to upgrade to a higher plan.
- Get up and running more quickly. Rather than building a new site or working with GrowthZone team members to add features to an existing website, customers who choose MembershipWorks can simply copy and paste code snippets or shortcodes to quickly add an event calendar, member directory, forms, and more. With access to free, unlimited live screen share training and phone calls that just focus on your questions, MembershipWorks users can move more quickly (and with less expense!) to launch their new membership website.
- Wix integration. Wix is the third most popular web site builder. MembershipWorks integrates with Wix while GrowthZone / ChamberMaster does not.
|Price per month starts at||$0; paid plans start at $35||$259|
|Setup Fee||$0||varies; $1500 for supported onboarding|
|Additional per-transaction charges (beyond payment gateway fees)||$0||Higher monthly fees unless you use their payment gateway.*|
|Member Only Content||Yes||Yes|
|Event Calendar / Registration||Yes||Yes|
|Announcement Board or Forum||Yes||Yes|
|Donations (aside from memberships that are donations)||Yes||Yes|
|CMS compatibility||WordPress, Weebly, Squarespace, Wix, Duda, WithoutCode, Drupal, Joomla, Spacecraft, HTML5 sites||WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Concrete5, LiveEdit, LiveCMS|
|Key Integrations||MailChimp, Quickbooks Online and Desktop, Xero||MailChimp, Quickbooks, LMS, Zoom, Go To Webinar|
|Payment Gateways||Stripe, Authorize.net, PayPal||Authorize.net, Stripe, GrowthZone Pay|
|Support||Free phone, email, and live screen share training||Phone, chat, email are included. Paid onboarding support.|
|Admin seats on paid plans||Unlimited||3 admin seats at lowest price|
* GrowthZone charges higher monthly fees if you are not using GrowthZone Pay.
Explore MembershipWorks Features
|Membership Management||Event Calendar & Registrations||Online Payments||Donations, Carts & Forms||Job Board||Announcement Board||Classified Ads||Member Directory||Members Only Content/Items|
Note that pricing and features may change from the information we have gathered here. Providers regularly evolve their product offerings and price points.
Comments are closed.