MembershipWorks vs. Springly
Looking for a Springly Alternative?
Springly and MembershipWorks both provide membership management software, but organizations with 100 or more members will pay more with Springly than with MembershipWorks. In addition, MembershipWorks offers free, unlimited support by phone, email and live screen share training. Springly charges $150 per hour for training that MembershipWorks customers receive at no charge.
How MembershipWorks is Better than Springly
- Cheaper pricing. Both MembershipWorks and Springly offer a free plan. But if you have more than 100 members, MembershipWorks pricing starts at $35/mo while Springly starts at $50/mo.
- Keep your website. With MembershipWorks, most organizations don’t need to have their website redesigned in a new and unfamiliar platform. That’s because MembershipWorks is built to work seamlessly on a variety of website builders including WordPress, Squarespace, Weebly, Wix, Duda, Spacecraft and more. With Springly, you have to use their website builder. Some of the downsides of this:
- Wasted resources if you’ve recently built a new website.
- Those who manage your website will need to learn a new builder (and a new membership system).
- Potential loss of functionality that you enjoyed on your existing website or hoped to add in the future. For example, with WordPress you can add plugins to extend its functionality. With a Springly site, you’ll be limited to what Springly offers.
- Design flexibility. Because MembershipWorks integrates with many web builders, you can opt to move to a different compatible website builder at any point without losing the data and functionality of your membership management software. Springly currently only offers 10 website design templates. Many organizations are looking for a broader variety of choices and more control over their branding.
- More income-generating features. Nonprofits such as chambers of commerce, networking groups, associations, clubs and others will find more features that meet their needs. Springly customers miss out on these MembershipWorks features that can generate non-dues revenue and increase member retention:
- Classified ads
- Job boards
- Announcement boards
- Free, unlimited phone support and live screen share training. Springly has chat support, but doesn’t offer free phone support or live screen share training. Springly charges $80 for 20 minute expert support and $150 for one hour training session.
|Price per month starts at||$0; paid plans start at $35 (300 or less accounts)||$0; paid plans starts at $25 (100 or less accounts)|
|Additional per-transaction charges (beyond payment gateway fees)||$0||$0 if you are using a paid plan|
|Member Only Content||Yes||Yes|
|Event Calendar / Registration||Yes||Yes|
|Announcement Board or Forum||Yes||No|
|Donations (aside from memberships that are donations)||Yes||Yes|
|CMS compatibility||WordPress, Weebly, Squarespace, Wix, Duda, WithoutCode, Drupal, Joomla, Spacecraft, HTML5 sites||Requires their custom CMS|
|Key Integrations||MailChimp, Quickbooks Online and Desktop, Xero||Quickbooks|
|Payment Gateways||Stripe, Authorize.net, PayPal||Springly’s in house solution|
|Support||Free phone, email, and live screen share training||Chat, $150 per hour for training|
|Admin seats on paid plans||Unlimited||Unlimited|
Explore MembershipWorks Features
|Membership Management||Event Calendar & Registrations||Online Payments||Donations, Carts & Forms||Job Board||Announcement Board||Classified Ads||Member Directory||Members Only Content/Items|
Note that pricing and features may change from the information we have gathered here. Providers regularly evolve their product offerings and price points.
Comments are closed.