MembershipWorks vs. MemberClicks
Looking for a MemberClicks Alternative?
MembershipWorks and MemberClicks both serve associations and chambers of commerce with association management software. While MemberClicks is known for its list of feature offerings, its entry-level price is more than 6 times the cost of the cheapest paid plan with MembershipWorks.
A Detailed Comparison of MembershipWorks vs. MemberClicks
- Cheaper pricing. The entry-level paid plan with MembershipWorks runs $420 annually while the minimum investment with MemberClicks is $3000 per year. In addition, you will incur setup fees and costs for training with MemberClicks whereas MembershipWorks does not charge for these.
- Keep your website. With MembershipWorks, most associations and chambers don’t need to change website platforms. MembershipWorks is built to integrate easily and seamlessly on a variety of compatible website builders including WordPress, Squarespace, Weebly, Wix, Duda, Spacecraft and more. No coding skills are required; you can create a membership website with simple copying and pasting. With MemberClicks, you have to use their website builder or pay a developer and/or MemberClicks to create your integration. Considerations with MemberClicks integration:
- The cost of integrating with MemberClicks will need to be factored into the total cost of ownership.
- If you use your own developer to create the integration, MemberClicks will not support it.
- If you decide to build a new site with MemberClicks, your implementation timeframe will be longer than with MembershipWorks.
- If you use the MemberClicks website builder, those who manage your website will need to learn it (and also a new membership system if they are involved in membership management).
- Design flexibility. Because MembershipWorks integrates with many web builders, you can opt to move to a different compatible website builder at any point without impacting your membership software. Once you are using MemberClicks and its custom content management system (CMS), moving to a different web builder will be difficult.
- Unlimited admins at no extra cost. All paid plans with MembershipWorks include the ability to add secondary administrators at no extra cost. In addition, anyone from your staff can reach out to MembershipWorks support. This helps you resolve problems more quickly than having to channel support requests through those you have designated to have access. MemberClicks allows you a limited number of admins to access support and charges fees if you want more.
- No revenue sharing on your job board. MemberClicks either charges you a flat fee or makes money off fees you take in with your job board. MembershipWorks offers the job board at no extra charge to all paid plans and has no revenue sharing, so any fees you charge are yours to keep (aside from credit card processing fees charged by your payment gateway).
- Free, unlimited phone support and live screen share training. Even customers on MembershipWorks’ free plan have unlimited free access to phone, email, and live screen share training. In addition, MembershipWorks training just focuses on your account — saving you time and helping you arrive at a solution quickly. And unlike MemberClicks, you also don’t have to pay for training or wait for a group training event to be available.
|Price per month starts at||$0; paid plans start at $35||starts at $238|
|Setup Fee||$0||$1500 or $3000|
|Additional per-transaction charges (beyond payment gateway fees)||$0|
|Member Only Content||Yes||Yes|
|Event Calendar / Registration||Yes||Yes|
|Job Board||Yes||Yes, but with revenue sharing|
|Announcement Board or Forum||Yes||Yes|
|Donations (aside from memberships that are donations)||Yes||Yes|
|CMS compatibility||WordPress, Weebly, Squarespace, Wix, Duda, WithoutCode, Drupal, Joomla, Spacecraft, HTML5 sites||Requires their custom CMS or paid help to integrate (+ associated fees)|
|Key Integrations||MailChimp, Quickbooks Online and Desktop, Xero||Higher Logic, Hubspot, Salesforce, Learning Management System|
|Payment Gateways||Stripe, Authorize.net, PayPal||Authorize.net, Bambora, CardPointe, PayPal|
|Support||Free phone, email, and live one-on-one screen share training||Email, phone, forum; paid group training|
|Admin seats on paid plans||Unlimited||2; additional admins are $15/mo each|
Explore MembershipWorks Features
|Membership Management||Event Calendar & Registrations||Online Payments||Donations, Carts & Forms||Job Board||Announcement Board||Classified Ads||Member Directory||Members Only Content/Items|
Note that pricing and features may change from the information we have gathered here. Providers regularly evolve their product offerings and price points.